The Apple iPhone 7 SIM Free looks fabulous with its unibody designs and is now splash, water and dust resistant. This phone now comes packed with even more power as well as having better cameras and an even crisper and sharper display screen to give you an even better iPhone experience. If you like the previous model, you are going to love the new model.
The iPhone 7 see the processor being upgraded from dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon in the iPhone 6 to Quad-core 2.34 GHz with 2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr CPU. The processor upgrade should see the iPhone 7 whiz through tasks faster and more fluidity when switching from one app to another. This upgrade was necessary as many of this phones competitor’s now have dual core processors. Along with the processor, the GPU is upgraded from PowerVR GX6450 quad-core graphics to PowerVR Series7XT Plus six-core graphics.
The RAM also increases from 1 GB to 2 GB and Apple now offers internal storage up to 256 GB whereas you could only get up to 128 GB internal storage in the 6.
The cameras also get upgraded, cameras are one of the main selling points of any Smartphone and Apple have upgraded the main camera from 8 MP in the iPhone 6 to 12 MP in the 7. The front facing camera sees a huge jump in Megapixels, it goes from 1.2 MP in the previous model to now 7 MP, this is a good move by apple as we all know how important high quality selfies are and a 1.2 MP camera is not going to deliver that.
The video recorder resolution gets upgraded from 1080p to 2160p in the main video camera and the front facing camera resolution goes from 720p to full HD1080p.
The iPhone 7 gets a tiny bit bigger in size and puts on a bit of weight, it goes from 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm at 129 g to 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm at 138 g.
Appearance wise the phone hasn’t changed too much, the core design is still there with a few suitable changes to make it look more sleeker.
With regards to the OS, as you would expect you get the latest IOS and they have now made the iPhone splash, water and dust resistant. Apple has given the iPhone 7 some good upgrades in the right places to help keep it competitive spec wise.
Apple iPhone 7 SIM Free Spec
- This phone has a 4.7-inch display touchscreen with LED-backlit IPS LCD, resolution of 750 x 1334 pixels, 326 ppi pixel density and 16 million colours.
- For protection iPhones use Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating.
- The main camera has 12 MP with f/1.8, 28mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED (dual tone) flash, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama). The front facing camera is 7 MP with f/2.2, 32mm.
- The main video camera records in the following resolutions and frames per minute: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps.
- The front facing video camera has the following: 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- This phone comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery which gives you up to 14 hours talk time and up to 250 hours of standby time on 3G.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 2 GB RAM
- Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- There is a range of storage sizes available: 32/128/256 GB. However, there is no microSD slot to expand the memory.
- Height: 138.3 mm
- Width: 67.1 mm
- Thickness: 7.1 mm
- Weight: 138 g
- iOS 10.0.1, upgradable to iOS 10.3
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB 2.0
- Fingerprint Sensor
Phone Release Date
- September 2016