The LG G5 SIM free is the first of its kind, full metal unibody fused with a glass display and underneath that glass is a beautiful 1440p IPS display with amazing colour accuracy that truly makes this phone look stunning. If you like taking pictures, you will love the dual camera feature, you can now fit more into your photos in a single shot.
With LG updating the flagship phone to the G5 we are going to have a look at what upgrades have been made to the latest phone.
The first area the G5 gets upgraded is the processor, it goes from a Hexa-core 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 in the G4 to a Quad-core 2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo. You know get two extra cores and increased GHz. The RAM increases from 3 GB to 4 GB.
The Camera also gets upgraded. You know get a Dual 16 MP Camera whereas the previous version had a regular 16 MP camera. What’s the difference? The LG G5 comes with two cameras as its main primary camera. You get a 16 MP camera and a 8 MP wide angled camera to help you fit more into your pictures. This camera can see more than the human eye and can capture more than you can see. This is great for capturing horizons, pictures of many people together or any wide large objects but the max resolution you can use is 8 MP.
The downside to the LG G5 is that the screen is smaller than the previous model, From 5.5 inches the G4 to 5.3 inches, The G5 has gained size and weight, G4: 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 – 9.8 mm at 155 g, G5: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm at 159 g. The battery capacity is slightly smaller as well which sees the standby time drop from 440 h to 400 h.
LG G5 S7 SIM Free Spec
- This phone has a IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen which is 5.3 inches and the display screen has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with 554 ppi pixel density.
- The display screen has Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
- This LG has a Dual 16 MP and the cameras are 29mm, f/1.8 + 8 MP 12mm, f/2.4 as the main camera. The camera has the following features: laser autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR. The secondary camera is 8 MP.
- The main video camera records in the following resolutions: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps. The front facing video camera records in 1080p.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 4 GB RAM
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Quad-core 2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo CPU
- This phone comes with 32 GB of fixed internal storage. You also have the option to expand the memory, this phone has a microSD card slot and supports cards up to 256 GB.
- This phone comes with a Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery that can give you up to 400h of standby time on 3G and up to 20 hours of talk time on 3G.
- Height: 149.4 mm
- Width: 73.9 mm
- Thickness: 7.7 mm
- Weight: 159 g
- Comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but upgradable to 7.0 Nougat
- 3.5 MM Jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB v3.0
Phone Release Date
- April 2016