The LG G6 SIM free phone has a wonderful large rich and clear display screen with a new aspect ratio of 18:9 that is wrapped in a beautiful slim metal body. The performance is smooth, fluid and very responsive. The duel wide angled cameras will make sure you can take pictures wider than the human eye can see as well as being detailed and a quality that will not disappoint.
LG have just introduced a new Flagship phone the G6 but the question is what has changed from the previous model the G5? We are going to compare the two to see what areas the G6 has improved.
The first and most noticeable difference is the display screen, it goes from 5.3 inches to 5.7 inches and covers more of the body giving the G6 a better screen to body ratio. 70.1% screen-to-body ratio in the G5 and 78.6% screen-to-body ratio in the G6.
The processor sees a slight increase in GHz, goes from Quad-core 2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo to Quad-core 2×2.35 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo. The G6 comes with the Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821chipset whereas the previous model had a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820. The 821 chipset is more efficient at booting up, running apps improves graphics performance and more power efficient.
The duel camera sees one camera upgraded and the other downgraded. In the G5 you have: 16 MP + 8 MP wide angled camera, in the G6 you have: 13 MP and 13 MP wide angled camera. As you can see the standard camera drops from 16 MP to 13 MP but the wide angled camera improves from 8 MP to 13 MP. I guess the focus for the G6 was to improve the wide angled shots, hence why you see this camera improve. The front facing camera also drops in quality, from 8 MP to 5 MP but gets the wide angle feature to fit more into your shots.
The battery capacity improves in the new model, it goes from a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery to Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery giving you more phone usage between charges. However, in the G5 the battery was removable, in the G6 the battery is non-removable.
The G6 is slightly smaller in height and width even though it has a larger screen. The G6 is: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm and the G5 is: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm. As you would expect due to larger screen the G6 gains weight and weighs in at 163 g compared to 159 g in the previous model.
It is quite impressive that LG has fitted a bigger screen, yet made the phone slightly smaller, this is mainly due to the screen to body ratio as the previous version had a lot of the body showing at the front of the phone.
What’s LG G6 SIM Free Spec
- The display screen is 5.7 inches with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and has a resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels with 564 ppi pixel density. The display screen glass has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- The G6 comes with two main cameras at the rear, they are both 13 MP. Camera 1: f/1.8, OIS, 3-axis, phase detection autofocus. Camera 2: f/2.4, no autofocus. The front facing camera is 5 MP, f/2.2, wide angled.
- You can record videos in the following resolutions with the primary camera: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps. The front-facing camera records in full HD1080p.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 4 GB RAM
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 Quad-core 2×2.35 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo CPU
- There are two different internal storage models of the LG G6, you can choose between a 32 GB or 64 GB model. The storage is expandable via a microSD card and this phone supports cards up to 2 TB.
- This phone comes with a Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery which gives you up to 23.50 hours of talk time and up to 412 hours of standby time. This phone has quick charge 3.0.
- Height: 148.9 mm
- Width: 71.9 mm
- Thickness: 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 MM Jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB v3.1
Phone Release Date
- March 2017