The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SIM Free is crafted from high quality materials making it one of the most stylish phones on the market. Not only is this phone good-looking but has a Spec that will not disappoint. This phone has it all, looks and power as well as being perfect for Samsung’s Gear VR.
Just like the regular Galaxy S7 the S7 Edge sees a few upgrades in the most important areas. Firstly, and most noticeably, the display screen she’s a huge jump in size. The S6 edge has a 5.1 inch display screen, this has now been upgraded to 5.5 inches and has a better screen to body ratio.
The next area in which the S7 edge sees improvement is the CPU. The S6 edge had an Octa-core 4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, whereas now you get an Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53. The RAM also increases from 3 GB to a more impressive 4 GB of RAM.
Samsung has also improved the camera technology on S7 Edge. The main new feature is Dual Pixel technology. The camera features and F1.7 bright lens and 1.4 um image sensor. What does this mean? You can instantly snap pictures with minimal to no blurring, you don’t need to waste time focusing on the picture as the focus is almost instant so you can snap those spontaneous pictures in high quality. The bright lens will allow you to capture high-quality pictures in low levels of light, the level of detail it picks up in low levels of light is pretty impressive.
The S7 edge comes with an impressive battery. It has been upgraded from 2600 mAh in the previous model to now a whopping 3600 mAh battery. You now get a much longer battery life, for example, talk time has increased from 18 hours to 27 hours.
Obviously with the bigger screen the S7 edge increases in height, width, thickness and weight. These days, it’s not uncommon to see phones becoming bigger than the previous model.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has been built for the Gear VR. With there being upgrades in the screen, processor, memory and battery life, it is very obvious that Samsung made these two items go together. If you’re looking to purchase the Gear VR then this is the must phone have to go alongside it.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SIM Free Spec
- 5.5 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen that has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (QHD) along with 534 ppi pixel density.
- The screen is a curved edge screen, meaning it goes right to the edge from left to right side and has Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- The primary camera is a 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm with phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, 1.4 um pixel size, 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama. The front facing camera is 5 MP.
- The video camera is 4K and records in the following resolutions: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 4 GB RAM
- Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- There are various internal storage models which come in 32, 64 or 12 but 8 GB.
- You also have the option to increase the memory of a microSD card and this phone supports up to 256 GB cards.
- Height: 150.9 mm
- Width: 72.6 mm
- Thickness: 7.7 mm
- Weight: 157g
- Android OS, v6.0 Marshmallow which is upgradable to v7.0 Nougat
- 3.5mm jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.2
- MicroUSB v2.0
Phone Release Date
- March 2016