The Samsung Galaxy S7 SIM Free is Samsung’s best phone to date. This phone has gorgeous looks with its premium metal and glass body and performance that will leave you impressed with its capabilities. This Samsung is more advanced, attractive and powerful than any Samsung before it.
The all-new Samsung Galaxy S7 has had a few upgrades in the right places as opposed to a major overhaul from the previous version the S6. You get more RAM in the S7, the S6 had 3 MB of RAM, now you get 4 MB of RAM. The CPU has been upgraded from an Octa-core 4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 to an Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53, this helps the S7 process data much faster and run smoother.
You now get camera technology that is commonly found in high-end DSLR and mirrorless cameras. The main feature of the camera is its Dual Pixel technology. The Dual Pixel allows you to focus instantly and faster than any other phone currently available. The camera also uses ultra-wide and bright f/1.7 aperture. This will allow you to take clearer, sharper pictures with a lot more detail showing in low levels of light.
The S7 sees the battery being upgraded from 2550 mAh in the previous model to now an 3000 mAh battery. Talk time improves from 17 hours to 22 hours.
In terms of size, the Galaxy S7 is smaller in height and width, but gains little size in thickness. S6 dimensions are: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm and in the latest model they are: 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm. The display screen remains at 5.1 inches, but because the S7 is slightly smaller you get more screen to body ratio in the new model.
The S7 has also put on some weight, it weighs in at 152 g compared to the previous models 138 g. Visually, not a lot has changed, they still look very similar, with the S7 looking slightly sleeker.
Samsung already had a good phone with the S6, however, they know they needed to remain competitive and they have made the right upgrades in the right places with the CPU, RAM and camera being the main ones.
Samsung Galaxy S7 SIM Free Spec
- You get a 5.1 inch display screen which covers 72.1 % of the total phone size. The display screen is a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 QHD resolution and a 577 PPI pixel density.
- 12MP main camera and a 5MP front facing camera.
- Camera features: Optical image stabilisation, touch focus, Face detection, Digital zoom, Autofocus, Touch to focus, Smile detection, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording.
- The main video camera, records in 2160p Ultra HD at 30 fps and has the following recording options available: 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps. The front-facing video recorder is 1440p Quad HD at 30fps.
- Video camera features: Optical image stabilisation, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Continuous autofocus, Video calling, Picture-taking during video recording, Video light.
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, providing you with 22h talk time on 4G, standby time is unknown as no data has yet been released by Samsung.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 3GB RAM
- Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 processors
- Internal storage models available: 32GB, 64GB and comes with an additional SD card slot and supports up to 256Gb cards.
- Height: 142.4 mm
- Width: 69.6 mm
- Thickness: 7.9 mm
- Weight: 152g
- Comes with Android OS, v6.0 Marshmallow but upgradable to v7.0 Nougat
- 3.5mm jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Micro USB
Phone Release Date
- March 2016