The Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free is Samsung’s latest premium flagship phone. With its edge to edge display screen and futuristic looks, it is sure to turn heads every time you pull it out of your pocket. Not only does this phone look the part, it also has premium level performance to match.
The new Galaxy S8 has some new interesting features and most noticeable one is its display screen. You now get an edge to edge display a standard and the display screen has seen a huge jump in size from 5.1 inches in the S7 to 5.8 inches. The display screen also covers more of the phone body and the S8 has an impressive 83.6% screen to body ratio. The S8 also comes with the new Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which makes it even more durable if an accident was to occur.
The RAM gets upgraded from 3 GB to 4 GB and one of the Octa core processors sees a very small increase in gigahertz. This phone also comes with Bluetooth version 5 whereas the previous version had 4.2.
The only camera that sees an improvement is the front facing camera. It goes from 5 MP in the S7 to now 8 MP.
As you’d expect, with the bigger screen, the S8 will increase in size. The height goes from 142.4 mm to 148.9 mm the what’s even more impressive is it sees a decrease in width size, the S8 is 68.1 mm, whereas the S7 is 69.6 mm. The thickness of the phone sees an extremely small increase in size from 7.9 mm to 8 mm. The weight also increases, but this is no surprise, the weight goes from 152 g to 155 g, 3 g isn’t bad considering the display screen saw a huge jump in size.
In terms of appearance, there is an obvious difference between the two, the Galaxy S8 has more futuristic appearance rather than the classic flagship phone look that Samsung generally stuck with. What really makes this phone looks futuristic is the edge to edge display screen and the fact that the screen takes up a lot of space on the front of the phone with very little bezel on display.
Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free Spec
- You get a Super AMOLED capacitive 5.8 inch touchscreen display which has a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels, with 16 million colours and 570 ppi pixel density.
- This phone comes with the new Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The main camera is 12 MP with 1.4 um pixel size, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, check quality 1/2.5″ sensor size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama. The front facing camera is 8 MP with f/1.7, autofocus.
- The main video camera records in the following resolutions: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps and has HDR, dual-video rec.
- The front facing video camera records in 1440p@30fps and has dual video call, Auto HDR.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- 4 GB RAM
- Exynos 8895 Octa – Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz)
- The standard internal storage is 64 GB with an optional microSD card slot that supports cards up to 256 GB.
- Height: 148.9 mm
- Width: 68.1 mm
- Thickness: 8 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3.5 MM Jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Phone Release Date
- April 2017