The Sony Xperia XZ SIM free is the phone to have if you are looking to take extremely high quality pictures, with its 23 MP camera and triple sensing technology, crisp and clear pictures are the norm with this phone. This is the phone to have if you want speed and power in the palm of your hand.
It’s been a year now since Sony last launch their flagship phone which was the Xperia Z5, Sony has now launched their Xperia XZ as their latest flagship phone. Sony has now done away with the Z series and introduced the new XZ series which will take its place.
We are going to compare the two phones and see how Sony have improved the latest Xperia XZ.
The first major change in the new phone is the processor. The Xperia XZ comes with the latest Snapdragon 820 processor, whereas the Z5 has the Snapdragon 810. The new processor in the XZ actually has less cores, it is Quad core as opposed to the Octa core you got in the Z5. Although you get less cores, they are more efficient at processing tasks than the Octa core you got in the Z5. So, how will this new processor benefit XZ? The XZ should see up to 40% increase in performance and up to 40% lower power consumption making phone overall much more efficient in all areas.
The front facing camera also sees an improvement, it goes from a 5 MP camera in the Z5 to a 13 MP wide angled camera in XZ. You should see a huge improvement in selfies, better picture quality and the ability to fit more in.
Although the battery capacity is the same, thanks to the new processor, you should see improvements in the talk time and standby time.
XZ gives you:
- Up to 17 h 30 min (3G) in talk time
- Up to 610 h (3G) in standby time
The Z5 has:
- Up to 17 h (3G) in talk time
- Up to 540 h (3G) in standby time
The height and width remain the same on both phones. However, the XZ is slightly thicker and heavier at 8.1 mm, 161 g vs the Z5’s 7.3 mm, 154 g.
The appearance is also slightly changed with the XZ now having more squared off edges which gives it more of a boxy look and the top and bottom have been flattened off like the iPod nano. It also has a new kind of metal on the back which Sony refers to as ALKALEIDO which is supposed to give the phone a more premium feel.
Sony have a good phone with that Z5 as it was quite popular and the general specs of that phone were quite good and it looked really nice too. So, for the XZ, it looks like Sony placed huge emphasis on increasing the performance by giving it a better processor and increasing general performance up to 40% but I do not think it looks better than the Z5.
Sony Xperia XZ SIM Free Spec
- This Sony has a 5.2 inch IPS LCD touchscreen. It has the following resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels with 424 ppi pixel density. The screen to body ratio is 71% and it comes with Cornering Gorilla Glass scratch resistant glass protection.
- The rear camera is 23 MP and has the following features: Aperture size: F2.0, Focal length 23 mm, camera sensor: 1/2.3″ Autofocus (Phase detection, Laser), LED flash, Manual focus, Object tracking, Digital image stabilization, Smile detection, Face detection, Self-timer, Digital zoom, Geo tagging.
- The rear camera has the following modes: HDR, Panorama, Scenes.
- The front facing camera is 13 MP and has the following features: Aperture size F2.0, focal length 22mm, camera sensor: 1/3″, wide-angle.
- The rear video camera can shoot videos in the following resolutions: 3840×2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920×1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps) and has the following features: Time-lapse video, Object tracking, Digital image stabilization, Video calling, Video sharing. The front facing camera records video in 1080p HD resolution.
Memory (RAM) And Processing Power
- RAM: 3 GB
- System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996
- CPU: Quad-core 2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo
- Graphics processor: Adreno 530
- This phone comes with 32 GB of built-in storage and the actual usable storage will be around 21.5 GB after all the pre-installed factory software. You can expand the storage space by adding a microSD card and this phone supports up to 256 GB microSD cards.
- The battery is a Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery. You should be to get up to 610 hours of standby time and up to 17 h 30 min of talk time on 3G.
- Height: 146 mm
- Width: 72 mm
- Thickness: 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 g
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow up which is upgradable to 7.1.1 Nougat
- 3.5 MM Jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB v 2.0
Phone Release Date
- October 2016